Hey there clever readers!
I hope the new year is everything you hoped it would be and more. If not, you have a whole year ahead of you! Keep on keeping on, one day at a time. So, what is this post about? This website has had the great good fortune to be awarded two more blog awards! I am so happy to say that tuttacronaca has given this site Blog of The Year 2012 award, and Mike Fedison at The Eye-Dancers has given it the Liebster Blog Award! Many thanks to both blogs and blog managers for their nominations.
Now, both awards operate a little differently, so I’d like to tackle the Blog of the Year 2012 award first. Here are the rules:
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award –http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
Here is my list of winners–only because I am asked to provide a list, because I think you all deserve it–in no particular order: Mirkateng, Maxima, Press Inside, iwords, Discover the Expert in You, cindyknoke, petit4chocolatier, Vicky Nanjappa, The Eye-Dancers, The Reporter’s Chair, tuttacronaca. Congratulations!
The FAQ for this award states that you collect stars from other bloggers–more than one blogger will give you this award, and you add a star until you get all 6. So if anyone would like to swap stars, please let me know and I will update this post to include your blog! Fair enough, right?
Now the Liebster Blog Award works as follows:
1. Add the award logo to your blog.
2. Answer the following questions:
- What makes you happiest? When people read my novels. Especially when they read and then review them.
- Do you love the Ocean or the Mountains more? I like both, but there’s just something about the ocean that calls to me.
- What has been your favorite moment of 2012? When my first novel, Ghost of Doors, came out in October. It was exciting to finally see my real name on a book cover.
- What is your favorite quote and why? “If not now, when?” –Hillel the Elder
- Do you like yourself? Of course. I am a good person and I always try to help people. A person should like themselves. There is no one you should trust more than yourself.
- Do you stay up till the Stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve? Yes. Crazily enough, I think it brings good luck.
- Something you wish to get done ASAP? The second novel in The City of Doors Saga, Wolf of Doors.
- What was your favorite class while still in school? English. I always liked reading new books.
- What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play? Piano. But I can’t play anything.
- Anything you wish you had learned earlier? Story structure. If I had had a good foundation on story structure 20 years ago, I might have had an easier time getting published way back when.
- Do you like to do crafts or draw or even paint? I do like to do crafts. Especially things I can use in my home. I used to sew handbags for people but it is too much work for relatively little money.
And just as Mike had done, I would like to pass this award on to all my blog followers! You ALL deserve it. If you would like a link back, please let me know and I will add it here. Thanks for your time and attention! Make 2013 your best year yet!
All the Best,